Early Days is an 18" x 24" eight color screen print with a hand-painted black gouache background on 600gsm watercolor paper. Prints are hand-signed and numbered in a "Test Print Suite" edition of 9 and comes with an accompanying poem/certificate of authenticity. Each print in the suite of 9 has a different colorway, we cannot accommodate requests and prints will be sent out randomly.
Please note, because these are considered "test prints" there may be blemishes and ink marks on the print and in the borders.
Limited to one print per variant per party
Print details and specifics:
- Hand painted black flat with Jet Black Acrylica gouache
- Paper size: 18" x 24" with hand torn deckled edges
- Image size: 15" x 21"
- 600 gsm Watercolor paper
- 8 color screen printhttp://www.jamesreadsmerch.com
- Limited edition of 9 labeled "Test Print Suite"
- Signed in bottom right corner by James R. Eads
- Numbered in bottom left corner
- Comes with a 6" x 9" accompanying poem/certificate of authenticity
- Produced in our studio in Los Angeles
- Release June 13th, 2019
I saw the end approaching,
it happens all the time;
One thing ending,
with no warning or big boom
just a collection of subtleties coming together.
But we hadn’t seen an ending like this
since the early days.
So I hiked to the top of the mountain
in the dark of the endless night
expecting to say goodbye to everything I once knew.
I looked down at the village as it cradled the moon in its shadow,
preserving the last of the light we would ever see.
I waited up there for what we would have called days,
if night hadn’t blanketed the village for weeks.
They said the sun was gone for good
and it would never rise again.
No longer did we call these the early days
but the end of days.
But then sure enough, there it was,
the sun approaching,
and now it happens all the time.