"and in the end, we would spill out into the streets and put on a parade."
The Parade is a 20" x 40" combination giclee and screenprint with a layer of glitter in a rainbow gradient and a layer of metallic gold ink. Prints are hand-signed and numbered in a timed edition* and blind embossed in the lower right corner.
*This print will be available from Thursday, March 10th at 11am Pacific Time until Monday March 14th at 11am Pacific Time. After the timed edition closes the edition size will be determined and prints will not be made again.
- Paper Size: 20" x 40" with deckled edges
- Image Size: 17 x 37"
- Archival Giclée print using pigment-based inks on 290 gsm Entrada Moab paper
- Layer of glitter in a rainbow gradient, sealed with transparent gloss
- Layer of metallic gold ink
- Signed by James R. Eads
- Numbered in an timed edition
- Embossed with the James R. Eads studio chop
- Printed in-house in Los Angeles
- Release: March 10th, 2022
The Parade was originally created as a mixed media gouache and pastel piece on wood panel. I worked on the Parade intermittently for over 2 years. When it was complete I had it professionally photographed and then digitally created the screenprinted layers. For the first layer we apply a glue-like tack in the areas where the glitter sticks. The glitter is then brushed across the print in a rainbow gradient. The glitter layer is then sealed with a clear gloss so that none of the glitter comes off of the print. Then, the print is embellished with a layer of metallic gold ink. Prints are then torn down with deckled-edged, blind embossed with our studio chop, and signed and numbered.
Please refer to our shipping FAQ for more info.