"the sun visits the rainbow dragon and persuades it to rain causing ripples in time" is a 15" x 30" combination giclee and screenprint. This special edition includes screenprinted layers that are not in the regular edition: a layer of glitter in a rainbow gradient, a layer of blue shimmer ink in the raindrops and a layer metallic gold ink across the print. Prints are hand-signed and numbered in a limited edition of 75 and blind embossed in the lower right corner.
- Paper Size: 15" x 30" with deckled edges
- Image Size: 11.5 x 27"
- Archival Giclée print using pigment-based inks on 290 gsm Entrada Moab paper
- Layer of glitter in a rainbow gradient, sealed with a transparent gloss
- Layer of genuine metallic blue shimmer ink
- Layer of metallic gold ink
- Signed by James R. Eads
- Numbered in an edition of 75
- Embossed with the James R. Eads studio chop
- Printed in-house in Los Angeles
- Release: May 19th, 2022
- This edition is limited to 1 print per customer
This piece was originally created as a mixed media gouache and pastel piece on wood panel. When it was complete I had it professionally photographed and then digitally created the screenprinted layers. For the first layer we apply a glue-like tack in the areas where the glitter sticks. The glitter is then brushed across the print in a rainbow gradient. The glitter layer is then sealed with a clear gloss so that none of the glitter comes off of the print. The next two layers are screenprinted with metallic inks. Prints are then torn down with deckled-edged, blind embossed with our studio chop, and signed and numbered.
Please refer to our shipping FAQ for more info.